Jumpstart your week with 5 inspiring Social-E articles:
1. What Idea Would You Fund? - Echoing Green just ended the submission phase of their social enterprise idea contest, and now it is time for the public to check out some of the great ideas and decide which is the best.
2. Opinion: Why Not Everyone Should be A Social Entrepreneur - Why it is dangerous to think one person’s hard work and good ideas is all it takes to change the world.
3. Confronting Economic Distress through Responsible Business - How understanding both the financial benchmarks necessary for success as well as setting socially conscious goals can help heal a struggling economy.
4. UpEnergy: cool for-profit social enterprise - UpEnergy uses carbon credits as a means of selling discount stoves to families in Africa, a compelling social enterprise with a triple-bottom-line.
5. An Eye on Poverty - Continuing to help change-makers with their social entrepreneurship projects, Jonathon Lewis interviews more successful social entrepreneurs for the iOnPoverty project.